Friday, November 7, 2008

Dreams and Fear

Anna's assign

I believed that most of the dreams are achieved through hard work and behind each dream there is fear. However, some do not require any hard word and has no fear. Dreams to me are things that we first think and start to imagine ourselves with the things that we wish to have. Thus, to materialize or make them come true is quite impossible to many people and that is from where the fears start. Most of the times we have the will and desire to make them happen but at the same time you fear because we doubt about ourselves in making it happen. For instance, I always wanted to finish my degree program at University of Manchester in United Kingdom (UK) because that is where most of my family members studied and got their degrees and most of my friends are there. Besides that, I always knew if I were to go and stay there I would not feel lonely and lost. Thus, in order to get a place at Manchester University I had to write Cambridge exams which are very difficult, and it took more than eight month to prepare for it. In addition, my first language is not English but Portuguese and in my country we learn everything in Portuguese at schools. Then, I prepared for my exams without any knowledge of English; fortunately I scored a good score. Besides scoring a good score I had to come here to learn English in order to fulfill my dream. Before I come I was so scared because I was going to a new place without any friend or relative and knowing that I would go through difficult moment that I had never went through in my all life. So, every dream demands its sacrifice like working or studying hard in order to achieve it. I believe that everything bad or good starts from a dream and it has its own fear.

1 comment:

Anna said...

So you are going to the UK after you finish your studies here? That's really exciting! I believe that hard work makes dreams possible as well.